The health and safety of our guests and staff is very important to us. Here is what we’re doing to keep everyone healthy:
- Sanitizing kayaks and paddles between users.
- PFDs will are cleaned with soap and fresh water between each use.
- Regular sanitizing of frequent touchpoints.
Guest check in and on the dock
- All bookings must be done online in advance. This way payments are processed before your arrival.
- Maximum 6 people per rental (exceptions for group bookings that are organized with us in advance).
- We’re staggering rental reservation check ins to reduce the number of people on the dock at one time.
- Lessons and tours are limited to 6 participants per group. Lesson and tour departure times will be staggered to manage the number of people on the dock at one time.
- Access to the kayak shop will be limited. Staff will be happy to store your daypack in the lockers.
- Changerooms are available outside the kayak shop.
- Public restrooms are located near the ferry terminal at Snug Cove.
- BC Ferries requires that masks be worn at ferry terminals and while onboard the ferry unless you are inside a vehicle.
- Masks are required while inside the kayak shop.
- Staff will be wearing masks while on the docks due to the small spaces and the need to work closely with guests and other staff.
- We ask that guests also wear masks while on the docks if physical distancing of 2 meters is not possible.
- Hand sanitizer is available for use at the kayak shop.
How you can help:
- Wash or sanitize your hands prior to interacting with staff or handling equipment.
- Wear a mask at the shop and around the docks, when 2 meters physical distance is not possible.
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell or are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Use the BC COVID-19 Self Assessment tool for further guidance.